Thursday, May 13, 2010

Guy Adkins, 1968-2010

I never had the privilege of seeing Guy Adkins perform onstage or meeting him, so for a tribute to his acting gifts you'll have to go to the obituary written by Chris Jones. You can also visit his personal site to learn about his career. All I can say is that he was widely respected and loved in Chicago and around the country, known as an extraordinary actor, musician, and human being. And he died of colon cancer last night at the age of 41. A death from cancer is awful at any age, but at 41, it's particularly distressing. He wrote a blog about the last months of his life. I've only read a little bit, but I bet it will make me cry.

To Guy's partner Sean and all of his family, please accept my deepest sympathies.

Those who knew Guy or saw his work, please post memories here.

To everyone, go hug your loved ones.

And to Guy, I wish I could have known you and your work, and I hope you are at peace.

No comments: