Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spring Awakening for Cheap(er)

As some of you may have seen in the comments, the mysteriously named Pun, who runs the tour blog for Spring Awakening, wants you all to know that you can get $50 tickets for orchestra seats for the Chicago run. Full details are here, but the seats are available only for Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday shows, and must be purchased before the show's run starts on August 4th. So get to it!

On a personal note, I'm a real fan of this show, which I got to see in New York last summer. ($40 in the fifth row of the balcony, thank you rush tickets!) The lyrics and book have definite flaws, but the production is simply smashing. I've never seen a show so good at capturing the itchy, uncontrollable energy of adolesence without being as unpleasant and irritating as being a teenager--or being around most of them. While the tour theatre is way larger than the O'Neill in New York, hopefully this production will be at the same level!

By the way, if you do get these tickets, I highly recommend you go to the box office--the fees for online and phone purchases are very high (something like $12.50, by my count), and can be avoided with a walkup.

I'm going to try to see it, and I'll let you know what I think. If you end up going, let me know what you think!

No comments: