Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Worthwhile Conversations

So as I hoped, Don Hall posted my review of The (edward) Hopper Project over at his blog with comments. I'd strongly encourage you check it out--we've started discussing the show, and I think it's exactly the kind of conversation that should be happening more between critics and artists. It's also fascinating stuff, even if you haven't seen the show. Also worthwhile: the more recent post discussing the critic who wasn't interested in having her work discussed and sent a Cease and Desist letter, and the ramifications of that. Definitely worth checking out, and something I hope more companies do with my reviews.

Another conversation with an artist: Molly Brennan just let me know that Rick Bayless will again be the guest at her variety show on February 5th. Tickets only $15 to see Madam Barker, John Fournier, The Barker Dames, special guests, and the famous Rick Bayless making chocolate truffles? Brilliant.

1 comment:

DJ Chas said...

Zev-

Thanks for calling this exchange and the one involving the cease and desist letter to my attention. I'm fascinated to see how that plays out and enjoyed reading the back and forth between you and Don. Personally, I think such exchanges are healthy and beneficial to both parties and hopefully to readers and theater patrons as well. Kudos.