Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Still Alive

Hello loyal readers.

I know, I've been bad--I've been temporarily low on the desire to blog. Not that lots hasn't been going on--check out the Times' coverage of a very provocative study of the lack of plays by women being produced in the US, and even more so Time Out Chicago's interviews with women who run theatres in Chicago and their reactions to the news. One of the great things about the internet is that it gives the space to go in depth, and let people speak in their own words, about an important issue. Kudos to Kris Vire for getting these interviews!

Also, I just saw the first section of Lawrence of Arabia. Hot damn is that a whole lot of movie. I want to see it on the big screen some day.

And look forward to lots more writing from me in the next week or so: I'm reviewing shows Thursday and Friday, seeing Second City's Blagojevich show on Saturday as a civilian, going to a Cubs game on Sunday (which I'll be writing up for Decider--I've never been to a Cubs game before) and reviewing another show on Monday. So fear not, those who love my scribbling--I'll be scribbling my ass off in the next week. I hope you're happy.

2 comments:

Hastings Chapparral Motorcycle Club said...

Looking forward to your new reviews!!

Zev Valancy said...

Thanks! The first two should be up today.